Saturday, April 9, 2011

Did you ever use the Commodore 64 PC?

I did and its back as a real computer for those who want a bit a nostalgia.  Back in the stone age this was the thing to have.
Media_httplyimgcomapu_ifpvx
Commodore USA
The Commodore 64 is being re-released for the modern computer user.

 

I was just 6 years old when the Commodore 64 computer went on sale in the summer of 1982. Although I already owned a computer at the time -- a ZX Spectrum -- I remember my excitement about possibly getting my little hyperactive hands on the newly released Commodore.

 

At the time, the Commodore computer cost $595 and came with a whopping 64 kilobytes of memory. It also contained a graphics and sound card that stood apart from other computers of the day.

Now, nearly 30 years later, the Commodore brand has taken on new management and is re-releasing its flagship computer, this time with all the amenities of a modern-day computer packed What a hoot. Its back. I used this back in the stone age and now its back as a full featured retro computer.

 

read more via finance.yahoo.com

Posted via email from Stuff important and amusing to Rob OBrien

No comments: